Monday 22 November 2010

The joys of winter

Lets face it, there aren't many great things about winter. For me it boils down to attitudinal shift, seeing the beauty and positive in a winters day rather than negative and decay or bareness.
Today, late November, cold and crisp with blue skies and sunshine, must rate as one of the easiest of winter days to find easy to like.
For me today was a cycle training day, taking me on an 80km loop down towards the lizzard. I love the feel of the sun on my face, the way the light illuminates the colour of the last few leaves on the trees, the way the land takes on a dormancy that you can sense, laying low and waiting for the (almost) inevitable movement of the earth taking us back towards the light from which all life and everything we have has flowed from.
3 weeks and 6 days to longest night, keeping the vigil.........

No comments:

Post a Comment